Preparing Your Digital Files for the Canadian Jewish News
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILE, CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
• Your document is the exact size of the ad you ordered
• Your ad has a border, phone number, address, correct date and any other information
• The ad has been proofread for typographical and grammatical errors
• If your ad is Black & White the file is completely in grayscale (type, photos, logos, background)
• If the ad is Colour every element in the ad must be made of CMYK
• Remove all profiles such as ICC profiles as they will alter the outcome of our preflight check.
• All blacks are 100% K, that includes backgrounds, type, line art, and logos
• Make sure your PDF was made using the PDF/X-1a:2001 setting.
• If you have not used the PDF/X-1a:2001 setting, make sure you provide a flattened PDF with all fonts embedded or outlined.