Home Living Jewish From the Archives: (Wo)Men of England

From the Archives: (Wo)Men of England

1289
0
SHARE
Ontario Jewish Archives, Blankenstein Family Heritage Centre photo

The Ladies’ Auxiliary group of the Hebrew Men of England (Londoner Shul) was established in 1918. In addition to “dispensing charity wherever necessary and of doing beneficial work,” they organized a religious school for the Jewish children of Toronto in conjunction with Holy Blossom Synagogue’s Sisterhood.