Rules for the public regarding their comments on stories
The CJN welcomes comments to the stories that appear on our website. We also reserve the right to publish comments (including names of the commenters) in both our print and online editions.
Comments by readers must conform to the following rules:
• Comments should not exceed 300 words.
We reserve the right to review, edit, refuse or delete any comment posted.
• Quotations must be attributed.
• Comments must be signed. We recommend that personal information
such as your address or phone number not be provided.
Signature names must not be offensive. The CJN will reject offensive names.
The following will be considered non-permissible comments:
• Personal attacks
• Defamatory language of any kind
• Threats and profanity
• Hateful speech of any kind
• Comments and links advertising a product, soliciting a service, or promoting a commercial website
Comments to The CJN will be monitored before they are published to ensure they fall within our parameters, during the business hours of The CJN, Monday to Friday.
We will do our best to post comments promptly.